Joomla Websites for Businesses
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which allows us to build powerful web sites and online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular web site software available.
What’s a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don’t have to.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
- MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) – http://www.quizilla.com
- IHOP (Restaurant chain) – http://www.ihop.com
- Harvard University (Educational) – http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Financial institution intranet) – Not publicly accessible
- The Green Maven (Eco-resources) – http://www.greenmaven.com
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) – http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) – http://www.playshakespeare.com
More examples of companies using Joomla can be found in the Joomla Community Site Showcase.
How can I be sure there will be Joomla! support in the future?
Joomla is the most popular open source CMS currently available as evidenced by a vibrant and growing community of friendly users and talented developers. Joomla’s roots go back to 2000 and, with over 200,000 community users and contributors, the future looks bright for the award-winning Joomla Project.
We provide automated installation services with our hosting packages.
We can assist customers with the set-up and configuration of Joomla websites including security and SEO configs.
Joomla Theme Installs
We provide a theme installation and customisation service for Joomla websites
Joomla E-Commerce Setup
We have a lot of experience in adding e-commerce to Joomla websites and can deliver professional stores for business customers
Joomla Search Engine Optimisation
We have many years experience in building Joomla websites and can provide a comprehensive SEO solution. Our prices start from £150 per month
Joomla Custom Extensions
Joomla has a vast developer network behind it with some excellent extensions. If you require help sourcing, installing and configuring third party applications, we can help.