Websites for Schools to distribute Information
New regulations were laid out on 19 April and the changes will take effect from September 2012. They amend the School Information (England) Regulations 2008 (SI 2008/3093) to remove the requirement for schools to produce a prospectus and instead publish specified information online.
Conforming with the new School Regulations
Your school will be required to publish:
- Details of the school’s pupil premium allocation and plans to spend it in the current year; and, for the previous year, a statement of how the money was spent and the impact that it had on educational attainment of those pupils at the school in respect of whom grant funding was allocated;
- Details of the school’s curriculum, content and approach, by academic year and by subject (including details of GCSE options and other qualifications offered at Key Stage 4 (for secondary schools), and approach to phonic and reading schemes (for primary schools);
- Where applicable, details or links to the school’s admission arrangements, including its selection and oversubscription criteria, published admission number and the school’s process for applications through the local authority;
- Details of the school’s policies on behaviour, charging and SEN and disability provision;
- links to the school’s Ofsted reports and DfE School Performance Tables and details of the school’s latest Key Stage 2 and/or Key Stage 4 attainment and progress measures as presented in the School Performance Tables;
- A statement of the school’s ethos and values Maintained schools will no longer have to produce a 2012 prospectus unless they wish
Choosing the right web design company experienced with schools
Formed in 1999 and specialist in serving small to medium business with content managed websites, we are perfectly placed to delivery cost effect and easy to operate website systems for schools. Each and every website we deploy, is backed up fully by friendly and professional support staff who can talk you through the simple to operate website administration processes, allowing you full control over your website content from the outset.
Call us on FREE Phone 0800 756 9975 to discuss options for your school. We have worked within the educational sector for many years due to our UK reseller status with SwishZone and the sale of multimedia timeline editing software for schools and colleges here in the UK.
In our experience, most schools that don’t have a website are lacking the relevant IT skills in house, or contacts within the industry to aquire and run a website. In a few cases, we have seen inadequate websites prepared by poor quality developers who have failed to deliver any tools for simple updating of page content.
Reasons to use W.E.B.S Ltd for your school website
Pick up the phone and have a chat with us on FREE Phone 0800 756 9975. It’s easier to talk and we can answer any questions you may have quickly and easily.
- 12 Years Experience in building website solutions
- Professional and friendly UK based website professionals
- FREE Phone telephone support (no contracts and simple on demand/as required support available)
- Prices from £595 + vat for small school websites
- All websites SEO compliant and maintained by database system
- IT support for Windows, Mac, Linux and familiar with RM software for schools
- Remote support facility allows us to support you from ANY location