- In the event that a domain name is not renewed by its expiry date it shall cease to operate and shall be deemed to have been “expired”.
- A domain name shall expire if AWS is unable to take payment via the method stored on your AWS account or the customer fails to manually renew the domain name.
- It is the customer’s responsibility that the email address stored on the AWS account is up to date and is able to receive renewal reminders from AWS.
- The customer acknowledges that three (3) calendar days after the date of expiration AWS may in its sole discretion carry out the following actions:
- Renew the domain name;
- Park the domain name on different Name Servers from those set by the customer including the AWS Name Servers;
- Following expiration of the domain name, the customer acknowledges that they have up to 7 days to contact AWS to retrieve and renew the domain name where applicable at the registry, and that the customer pays for said renewal.
- On receipt of the Renewal Fee by AWS within the 7 day period, you will retain ownership of the requested domain and as soon as reasonably practicable we shall restore the requested domain to your control panel.
- The customer acknowledges that 10 calendar days after the date of expiration AWS may at its sole discretion carry out the following actions:
- Auction the domain name
- Change the Contact Details
- Transfer the domain name
- If we do not receive the renewal fee within the 7 day period stipulated above AWS may at its discretion terminate the agreement and change ownership of the requested domain.
- If AWS receives a request from the Client to renew the domain name(s) after the 10 day period, the Client agrees to pay the £175.00 redemption Fee. All prices exclude VAT (charged at 20%), together with any renewal Fee due.
- AWS endeavours to renew domain names on behalf of the customer. However, we make no guarantees that all attempted renewals will be successful and it is the registrant’s responsibility to check the WHOIS database to ensure their domain name has been renewed.