We have developed a series of scripts which allow us to migrate a storesprite e-commerce system onto the popular and highly competent open cart e-commerce platform. If you are looking to convert from storesprite to open cart, please read on.
- Import customer data including billing and delivery address
- Import category structure and data
- Import products
- Import images assigned to products including additional gallery images
- Import brands
- Import Category Information & Images
- Import SEO Content
- Automatic re-generation of passwords and automated send of customer notification (requires php mail)
In most cases, this addresses the needs of most clients, but if required we can offer custom migration scripts to extract any additional data that you require.
Why migrate Storesprite to Open Cart
Storesprite is a good system, but it has it’s limitations compared to Open Cart and we have moved many of our clients onto it for the following reasons
- Mobile Friendly as standard
- Excellent import/export facilities
- Improved administration system
- Huge developer network and extensions directory
- Open Source and Highly Customisable
- No encoded files to limit server upgrades
- HUGE range of standard functions and an amazing array of addons
From our perspective, the upgrade process from older versions to newer versions is inadequate compared to alternative solutions. Patching the likes of Open Cart, Magento and other Open Source systems is a simple process and since July 2013, we provide automatic updating and patching with the new Cpanel software manager provided by W.E.B.S ltd which allows customers to easily upgrade their sites and take advantage of new versions as soon as they become available.
Migrate to Open Cart
If you are interested in migrating from storesprite to opencart, please call us on Freephone 0800 756 9975 to discuss the migration service we offer.